Do you like to read? Like to talk?Then you might enjoy the Athens Library Book Club. We meet every fourth Wednesday at 6:30pm in the library to discuss the month's selection. We read a wide variety of books including fiction and non-fiction. Pick up our bookmark at the library or visit our online event calendar to see what we're reading next. We are a group of women and men with very different experiences and opinions. The discussion can get quite lively.
There's no commitment required. Come once or come often. You'll be welcome every time. Refreshments provided. Our next meeting dates and book selections are below...
- May 23, 2012: A Hundred Different Lives by Raymond Massey
- June 27, 2012: The Waterman's Daughter by Emma Ruby-Sachs
- July 25, 2012: A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- August 22, 2012: Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- September 26, 2012: Confessions of a Society Columnist by Rosemary Sexton